Currently, the CoWIN app is in the developing phase. Firstly, it is going to provide vaccination to health officers. On the other side, two Covid-19 vaccines were allowed through the Drug Control General of India (DCGI)’s approval and it was only for emergency purposes.
Now, the important authorities have decided to bring CoWIN (Covid Vaccine Intelligence Work) software. In 2020, Ravi Shankar Prasad who is an IT Minister declared a confrontation to boost the CoWIN system. It is going to be an online platform that will introduce the vaccine in India. Moreover, Ravi Prasad declared that the top two challengers will be a reward of Rs 40 lakh and Rs 20 lakh respectively.
How to pre-register yourself online for book an appointment for COVID-19 vaccination?
You can log in to CoWIN portal via www.cowin.gov.in. Subsequently, you have to tap on the “Register / Sign” key to register yourself for the COVID-19 vaccination. Therefore, login CoWin portal is usually done through a registered phone number.
However, to pre-register, you can enroll online, and therefore, to receive an appointment, you can visit the Co-WIN portal. Thus, you are required to share a few personal details along with your ID proofs to pre-register online.
CoWIN App Download
Firstly, the CoWIN application is not considered to be worthy, however, if you have downloaded the application through the Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store, it cannot be operated. This is because the application will fetch your personal information and thus, you must deny the use of such apps downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store.
Moreover, the application is already in work-in-progress. It has the data retrieved from the health professionals who will receive the vaccination first hand. Also, 75 lakhs of health professionals have been registered for providing vaccination.
Registration Process for CoWIN
At present, no common people can sign up for receiving vaccination as it is applicable only for health professionals firsthand.
And when the application is ready for functioning, then it will have four segments and that are:
- user administration form
- beneficiary registration,
- vaccination and recognition of beneficiaries
- and status update.
Subsequently, the CoWIN application or the website will deliver 3 substitutes for registration like self-registration, single registration, and bulk upload.
The programs have not yet been declared officially. However, it may be that the government will arrange camps so that people can approach administrators directly to get registered from them and receive the vaccination. Moreover, investigators and district officials will have the power to enroll multiple beneficiaries.
Registration for Vaccination through Government Portal & App
At present, there are only two ways to perform Registration for receiving the vaccination appointment.
- Co-WIN portal.
- Aarogya Setu app.
Steps for CoWin Portal:
- For online registration for receiving vaccination using CoWin website, visit https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/.
- Perform Sign up process for booking an appointment for vaccination using a valid contact number within the given space.
- The CoWin website will provide you with an OTP for the verification process, thus, you can also perform login through your Aarogya Setu account.
- Click on register for booking an appointment for the vaccine. Choose your valid ID cards and that may be your Aadhar Card, Voters ID, or Driving License.
- Type the ID number that you have selected and provide your name along with specifying your gender and date of birth.
- Provide every asked information and then click on Register.
- After that, you will be directed to choose your closest vaccination center.
- Now, choose your preferred time from the given slot, and then, you can decide whether to prefer a morning or afternoon time.
- Subsequently, choosing the time slot, you will receive a notification on your registered contact number about successfully booking an appointment with your preferred time.
- Always remember that you do take along your ID proof such as an Aadhar card to the vaccination center while receiving a vaccination.
Using Aarogya Setu app:
- Firstly, ensure that you have installed the Aarogya setu app on your device. It is available online for every device. Thus, you will require a valid mobile number to log in to the app.
- After you open the app, a key called ‘CoWIN’ will appear on your screen. Choose this preference. Now, you can find four choices given to you such as:
- vaccination information,
- vaccination (login/register),
- vaccination certificate
- and vaccination dashboard.
- Click on the preference given for vaccination.
- Now, you will be requested to enroll using your contact number. Normally, four beneficiaries can register for vaccination using the same mobile number. And then an OTP will be sent to you to move ahead.
- Personal details including ID cards, name, gender, and date of birth will be asked to you to fill in. ID cards submitted must contain the same spelling as that of your name entered for booking an appointment with the Aarogya Setu app. You will have the option to select either Aadhaar, Driving License, Passport, Pension Passbook, Voter ID card, Pan card, etc.
- Hence, if you are 60 age, you will be requested to submit documents related to any other diseases that you are suffering from in order to receive acceptance for booking an appointment for vaccination. Remember that there are only 20 comorbidities as prescribed by the government.
- Now, you will be requested to prefer a nearby vaccination center. And you will be provided with options of dates to choose from them.
- After your appointment is booked successfully, you will receive a text confirming the same. Now, all you can do is save the details given via a text message for your visit to receive the vaccination. And also, ensure to carry along your same ID proof as uploaded within the app.